Smokin in the Valley
The Western NC BBQ Festival “Smokin’ in the Valley” is a KCBS (Kansas City BBQ Society) sanctioned event and will adhere to those guidelines. KCBS representatives will be onsite to conduct the competition. Smokin’ in the Valley is the official BBQ Festival of Western North Carolina.
FESTIVAL DATES and HOURS
Friday, July , – Noon-8:00 p.m.
Saturday, July , – 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Adults: $6.00 per day or $10 for two day pass
Children: $1.00 per day
PEOPLE’S CHOICE COMPETITIONS
Friday 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Wine & Swine – Area Restaurants Compete
Saturday 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Maggie’s Best – Competition Team Compete
*Limited number of tickets available
- Estimated 2016 Attendance: 8,000
- Kansas City BBQ Society sanctioned event
- Cash prizes and trophies
- NC Governor sanctioned event
- Blankets, chairs, strollers & pets WELCOME!
- Plenty of free parking
- Delicious barbecue
- Variety of festival foods
- Beer & wine available
- Live entertainment – Country, Folk, Pop, Bluegrass/ Clogging
- Arts and Crafts Market
- Exhibitors, T-shirt sales, and souvenirs“Tastin’ Tent” for visitors to sample team’s entries – and vote on their favorite ($10 ticket required)
- “Wine and Swine” Local Restaurant Competition. Visitors will taste entries and vote on their favorite ($10 ticket required)
- Kid’s activities – bouncey houses, face painting, games, 9-hole golf mini golf course and loads of fun!
- Chainsaw Art Demonstrations
- Haywood Community College’s Timbersports Team Demonstrations
- Saturday Only: FREE Hot Air Balloon Rides (with admission)
July is typically busy in Maggie Valley – we encourage you to make your accommodations as soon as possible. Please visit our website at <a href=”http://www.maggievalley.org”>www.maggievalley.org</a> for area information and a list of accommodations or call us for a free Visitor’s Guide. 1/800-624-4431